Friday 31 May 2013

Animal tag blankets


A few friends are having babies soon (like in the next few weeks soon), which whilst being very exciting and joyous in itself is also an excellent excuse for some baby-related craft fun!  

I decided to make tag blankets thinking they would be straightforward and pretty, and then got a little bit carried away scrolling through all the gorgeous designs out there...out came my pencil and paper and I started sketching some patterns!

I found a cute elephant blanket on etsy.com and loved the idea of flapping ears that would crinkle for added sensory enjoyment.  I sketched a template, had a false start cutting out two of the same sides instead of one reversed (oops) and three hours later this little fellow was all done!


Lots of bright colours and different textures, plus he's rather adorable.


As I made a teddy themed quilt for my niece last year, I wanted to make a teddy tag blanket to match for her first birthday.  A bit more of a challenge as I wanted the face on the front and the tail on the back so I had to appliqué each side separately before stitching and stuffing, but he's turned out just lovely.



And my niece absolutely loves her bear tag blanket! She spent all day poking her finger through the ribbons, sucking the ears and shaking the bear around with squeals of joy! 





2 comments:

  1. Hello ElizabethL, I am a representative for Kidsii and have been notified by Google of your link within this post, www(dot)kidsii(dot)com/taggies/. We respectfully request that you remove this link, unlink it, or No-Follow it so it will not be indexed by Google. It currently is hurting our rankings. Please email me at LisaC@eversparkinteractive.com to let me know it has been removed. Thank you ElizabethL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I previously sent an inquiry about three links located here at this URL http://atimeforeverythingunderthesun.blogspot.com/2013/05/animal-tag-blankets.html that I need to have unlinked, removed or no-followed due to Google's Webmaster Team. These links have been reported back to us as not relevant enough to the content or your site’s theme.

    The keywords within this paragraph we respectfully request unlinked, removed or no-followed are with the anchor text: "www.kidsii.com/taggies/"

    I understand that this is inconvenient and please understand this isn't a reflection on your website at all.

    Would you please take a few moments to complete this for us and let me know when you’ve had a few minutes to handle this?
    Thank you so much.

    Lisa Coleman
    Administrative Assistant, Outreach Department
    Lisac@eversparkinteractive.com

    ReplyDelete